The Life of TESL Student

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Second play that I attend, The Homecoming is rather different than Puteri Gunung Ledang The Musical. It presented more heavy issues towards life. It argues about moral than love issues and most important it give treats to a play that critics woman. The tension that built in the theater hall is heat as the play began. The actor and actress has given fully cooperation and their contribution has given impact towards the audiences. However, the attire to attend play at KL Pac is rather light and it is not like at Istana Budaya where i have to wear formal attire. Thus it give a perspective to me that attending play is not just for high class status here unlike at Istana Budaya. As a conclusion, even both play used different setting, still the props and the background is same.

1 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Blogger halmoni said...

Hi Dhila, how are you? I hope you are fine though we have a really busy life. I was glad to see you in KLPAC that night. I agree with what you said about Pinter's "The Homecoming", which is a black humour of the darkest shade. I want to say that I was satisfied with the production because i had lower expectation for this play since it is a local one. I know that I should not be a prejudice, but the play is about an American family, so it will have less impact if it is portrayed as Asian family.
But i would like to clarify that i did enjoy and like the play at this moment. I appreciate all the actors, especially the actor, Thor Kah Hoong, an experienced actor, director and script writer who have been in theatre for 36 years. I really salute all the artists. "The Homecoming" presents a family - a father living with two sons, one a pimp, the other an aspiring boxer, and a gay brother. The eldest son, Teddy, has tried to escape from the family, becoming a Philosophy lecturer in the U.S. In the course of the play, he comes home for a visit with his wife. At the end of the play, Teddy leaves, leaving his wife behind. If you have not watched this play, please go and have a thrilling experience of watching "The Homecoming".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home